- Personal information
- Short Bio
- Work experience
- Workshops & talks
- Awards & festival participation
Name: Or Fleisher
New York, 10023,
Based in NYC, I am a director, developer, artist working at the intersection of technology and storytelling. My interests include computer graphics, web development and immersive experience development in virtual, augmented and mixed realities.
I started my career as a sound designer and musician. After working in audio post-production for a few years I attended Tel Aviv University film school and started coding, designing and releasing interactive storytelling driven experiences.
Upon graduation, I co-founded Phenomena Labs an award-winning visual effect and interaction design studio. I worked as a creative and technical director designing, developing and executing interactive experiences. Currently, I am a master’s candidate at ITP, Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
Things to know about me:
I am an advanced coffee drinker, cat aficionado, hobbyist musician. I am passionate about cinematography and open source software.
New York University - M.P.S (2016-Present)
Master’s degree, Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP)
- Specializing in computer graphics, volumetric capturing and immersive experience development
- Worked under Ken Perlin’s acclaimed research group, developing machine learning driven computer graphics software, which was featured in tech magazines, such as Wired
- Worked as a creative coder under Gabe Barcia Columbo developing an interactive installation for SXSW
Tel Aviv University - B.A. (2011-2014)
Bachelor of Arts, Film and television
- Seminar research in interactive storytelling titled “The Choices we Hear” examining the use of sound in interactive narrative works.
Future Rhythm - Expert Certification (2010)
Official Avid Expert Certificates in Pro Tools (310M, 310P)
- Graduated from Future Rhythm, a certified Avid training facility earning 310M and 310P expert certificates.
- Avid’s Pro Tools™ HD expert curriculum in music production and post-production.
Professional portfolio: orfleisher.com
- VR Research Fellow - Viacom (2017)
- Designed and developed a web based Virtual Reality narrative experience currently in submission to festivals.
- Collabrated in weekly feedback sessions about look-development and technical feedback.
- Presented the project in a private Virtual Reality showcase at Viacom’s NY headquarters, also covered by tech websites (e.g UploadVR).
- Co-Founder - Phenomena Labs (2010-2016)
- Co-Founded an award winning visual effects and interaction design studio with Ronen Tanchum and Guy Fleisher.
- Directed, developed and published 5 Virtual Reality titles in Oculus, GearVR and WebVR app stores, featured in prestigious international festivals such as Cannes Festival, Game Developers Conference, SIGGRAPH and SXSW
- Received awards such as Design and Art Direction, Urban MediaMakers Best Interactive, Worldfest NASA Remi Award, FWA, Awwwards and CSS Design Awards
- Sound Supervisor - Rishon Hall of Arts (2009-2010)
- Sound design and mixing of performances ranging from art installations and theatre to dance groups.
- Daily maintanance of gear and stock.
- Specification sheet preperations and forigen performances coordinator.
- Recording Engineer - Savion Studios (2006-2008)
- Preparing, tracking, editing and pre-mixing music recording sessions.
- Overseeing and operating the rehearsal spaces.
- Recruit and train new staff members.
Workshops & talks:
Making music with data - NYC Media Lab (2017)
This workshop was focused on creating generative music with Twitter data (Twitter API) using Node.js, Express and Web Audio API (Tone.js)
Volumetric capture using DepthKit - ITP Camp (2016)
The goal of this workshop was to learn hands-on how to use DepthKit’s software (with a Kinect and a DSLR) to capture a human performance as a volumetric capture and to render it in Unity.
Interactive Film (roundtable) - Anilouge Animation Festival (2015)
A roundtable about current possibilities in film-making, virtual reality and interactive storytelling
Animating with MIDI - Budapest University (2015)
During Anilouge Animation Festival I conducted a workshop in Budapest University’s Interaction Design department about using MIDI in real-time to drive animations and visual effects in WebGL.
- Spoken Languages: English, Hebrew.
- Team player who strives for a collabrative work atmosphere.
- Strong networking affinity, with great personal and social skills.
- High tenure under deadlines, with an ability to multitask and simplify problems, finding creative and technical solutions in variegated situations.
- Ability to communicate simple and complex issues in a clear and concice way.
- Graphics programmer experienced with WebGL, 2D Canvas, OpenGL and advanced shader programming (GLSL, HLSL).
- Extensive knowledge in Virtual and Augmented Reality content development (WebVR, WebAR, ARKit, Unity for Rift, Vive and GearVR).
- Software: Unity, TouchDesigner, Nuke, Avid MC, Adobe Creative Cloud, Blender, Octane Renderer, Vue, Pro-Tools, Ableton Live, Max/MSP/Jitter.
- Further knowledge in Frontend development, Node.js, Express.js, Websockets, Arduino programming, Raspberry Pi programming, Machine learning (tensorflow, CoreML), PCB design, electronics.
- WorldFest- NASA Remi Award winner - Livyatanim: MYTH
- UrbamMediaMakers Best Interactive Award - Livyatanim: MYTH
- FWA - Website of the Day - Livyatanim: MYTH
- CSS Winner - Site of the Day - Livyatanim: MYTH
- CSS Awards - Website of the Day - Livyatanim: MYTH
- Awwwards – Honorable Mention - Livyatanim: MYTH
- Communication Arts - Webpicks - Livyatanim: MYTH
- Awwwards – Honorable Mention - Tzina
- CSS Design Awards - Special Kodus - Tzina
- Tisch School of the Arts scholarship
- Red Burns scholarship
- Viacom NEXT VR research fellowship
- ITP & Google XStory rersearch grant